Crowe Horwath International History

1915  – Horwath & Horwath established in New York  by two immigrants from Budapest – Edmond and Ernest Horwath . Business focussed on food and lodging sector.

1921 – Reputation in market grows. Launch leading accountancy publications ‘Alarm Clock’ and ‘Food Market List’ and ‘Hotel Accounting’. Firm continues to grow

1924 – Established a university training programme for accountants in the hospitality sector

1950s –Diversify into healthcare. Accounting, audit and tax established

1960 – Horwath & Horwath International established to develop international business and relationships throughout member firms. Consulting services formally offered to clients

1963 – 21 member firms, 21 countries, 15 offices in the US, 4 offices in Latin America

1967 – Merger with Laventhol Krekstein Griffith & Co – becoming Laventhol & Horwath. First international annual meeting – 30 member firms, 30 countries – regional groups formed

1972 – 13th largest international accounting organisation in the world

1984 – International tax planning manual published

1989 – Firm name simplified to Horwath International

1991 – Crowe Chizek, a Midwest accounting firm, joined the network

1992 – EU formed. Network expands into new market – Eastern Europe

1994 – First international accounting organisation to have a Chinese member firm

2001 – Development of Pinnacle brand identity

2005 – Over 100 member firms and nearly 20,000 people across the globe

2008 – Member firms voted to change the firm’s name to Crowe Horwath international

2016 – 750 offices in 130 countries with 33,000 people. 9th largest accounting network in the world.